Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life as we know it has changed...For the BETTER!!!

A year ago when we started the adoption process, I went to work, changing rooms around, getting things for their room, buying hairbows (because I couldn't buy clothes cause I didn't know what size lol) arranging their room, and for the past 6-8 months their room has been finished and ready for two little girls to fill them. On March 16/17th, because we got home early in the morning on the 17th, 2 beautiful little girls slept in their own beds, played in their rooms and had toys spread out over the whole house and we LOVE IT!!!! My life has changed for ever and I wouldn't change it for anything!!! I can't thank God enough for all the changes that he has brought in our life! I can't thank God enough for Ellee and Johannah Lane!!!

The dog: We now have a little better of a relationship with the dog lol Ellee will pet Gizmo, kiss him, and even eww yucky she licked him today GROSS, but she has to initiate it she doesn't like him to come near her she has to go near him. Johannah still doesn't care for him, but she isn't screaming anymore. She will even pretend like she is going to pet him and then she will just smile and walk away.  That is a lot better than it was. I think in a few days it will be great and they will both be loving on him. Oh yeah Ellee even drug him by his tail today. He didn't seem to mind at all, that is a big deal for him, proud of them all! :)

We went to church for the first time today, and everyone loved the girls. They were both so good during church. We only went to church but next week we are going to try Sunday School. A funny story though. While in Ukraine I had this converter thing that was supposed to tell you what size clothes the girls were in based on weight, and height, and what size shoes they were in based on cm. Umm that thing was wrong lol It said that Johannah was in a 2T and she can wear 2T pants but shirts she is in a 3T, and Ellee can wear a 4T (which was right) but the biggest NOW WAY was shoe sizes. It told me Johannah was in a 6 and Ellee in a 10. So that is what we bought. So last night (Saturday) I tried their dress shoes on that we bought them for church and they were huge on both of them. So early this morning we got up, got ready for church and headed to the store to buy them new shoes. Yes we went in the store barefoot, or atleast the girls did anyways lol but no very long. ;) Johannah actually is in a 4 and Ellee in a 6.

Here are our cuties before church this morning...


5 comments:

shayneswife said...

God Bless you! This is something so amazing that you are doing! The girdle are beautiful and I can't wait to watch them blossom in their country.

Sarah said...

Love the dresses!! Yellow is my favorite color. :) I'm so happy to hear you are all adjusting so well!

Gaining Grace said...

So cute! Your girls are wonderful. I can't wait to fill my home with a little sweetie. :)

Jennifer said...

I didn't realize you had a dog! Milana was petrified of our (3) dogs the first day or so. She screamed bloody murder! Now she won't leave them alone. Of course we had to get on her and the dogs for licking each other. Milana will stick her tongue out for the dogs to lick or open her mouth and they will lick her mouth. Oh it is so GROSS!!! But she isn't screaming anymore.
So glad you are home and you guys are just doing great! I love the dresses! Ellee and Johannah are just adorable. They are so lucky to have such a great Mommy :)

Kirsten said...

That is just so awesome! Congrats!! The girls are adorable! I love how you dress them the same!! I do that too all the time with my girls! It's so fun!!