Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 28

Today was a busy day! First we got started late because the secretary said she didn't have the court decree finished, and she would have it finished by 10. So V and S came and picked me up around 10:15, we got to the courthouse and it still wasn't ready, we waited for another 45 minutes before it was ready. After we left the courthouse we went to get the new birth certificates, about 20 or so minutes later V comes back out and says we were only going to be able to get one. My heart sank, at first I thought this meant we were only going to be able to adopt one of the girls, oh I can't even put into words how that made me feel. V disappeared back into the building coming out an hour later with Ellee's new birth certificate in her hand. She then said we were going to go somewhere else and try to get Johannah's b.c. so we went to another building and this time when she came out she said we are not going to be able to get it today. Oh No! What does this mean??? She then tells me not to worry, ok first my middle name is worry, and second how am I not supposed to worry. V again disappeared again into the building coming out 2 hours later telling me we are going to get the "new certificate of birth" lol I love how they say it. She went back in came out about 10 minutes later had me sign a form went back in and came out with Johannah's birth certificate!!! After leaving there she told me she didn't need me anymore they were going to bring me home and she was going to go and try to get the girls new social security number. We wasn't out of the woods yet because if she didn't get it there was still a chance we would not be leaving next week. So I came home and I prayed and worried more. A little while later V calls me and tells me she got the girls new social security number PRAISE GOD!!! This means tomorrow we will go close out the girls bank accounts, go to the orphanage and "spring" them from there FOREVER!!! We are going to look into taking the train tomorrow night, but it might be too difficult to get a whole cart so we might have to wait to leave until Saturday but that will be ok because that will have us arriving into the capital Sunday morning. Let me just tell you I serve a powerful, mountain moving God!!! Because without him today none of this would have been possible, without him in my life the last year wouldn't have been possible, without him in my life I would not have 2 beautiful angels coming home with me! God is bigger than any situation!!!
Thank you to everyone who prayed that everything would go smoothly today, and thank you to everyone who has supported us in this journey this past year Ellee and Johannah Lane thanks you too! ;)

11 comments:

mrsbullfrog said...

You totally make my day...each and every time I read your post!!! God is very wonderful and sharing your story with us is a daily reminder Jennifer...I am so blessed to know you and I am praying for the smooth train ride and cant wait to see the pictures of you picking them up and "springing" them from the orphanage!!!! The Lord has truly blessed your family...

Penny's Peeps said...

what wonderful news! praising God with you! wow......in 24 hours or so YOU WILL HAVE YOUR GIRLS!!!! so excited for you! love and hugs!

ppods said...

I have the chills...I am crying happy tears!! How totally awesome--Yes, God is not just Good, HE is awesome! I am so happy for you and your family. I look forward each day to finding your posts. I do hope you will continue to blog and post on facebook once you get home. I feel like I know you all now!!! Much love and best wishes for safe travels!! Do you have someone helping you travel with the girls? That could be difficult--I know--i have 2 girls of my own ages 3 and 4 and even a trip to the mall can be challenging!! This is Amy Q.--not PPODS!!=)

pat said...

I am praying for you! If you can update us but you may be too busy and tired to do so.
pat

Katie said...

What a wonderful day! I have LOVED reading your journey and now this day has come. Thank you for sharing and letting us in on your celebration.

Congratulations!

Isaac&Elizabeth said...

Ohh Jennifer I am soo happy for you. I am glad you got the things done today you needed to. We will continue to pray for the rest of your travels. Love ya bunches!

Nan and Dan said...

woo hoo!!! congrats!!!
So happy for all of you!

Sarah said...

YAY!!!! This is wonderful. Can't wait to see how the girls do on the trip home. :) Take lots of pics for me!!

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

So glad that they got it all worked out. God is amazing! Praying that the rest of your journey goes smoothly and you get home with your angels soon!

Emily said...

I am still in such awe. At God. At the way He moves. At the way He's using you and your story to speak to my heart about this faithfulness and so many things... Thank you for being a willing servant.

SO STINKIN' excited for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orphans4me said...

PRAISE GOD!! Happy Gotcha Day!
Joy,RR