Monday, March 7, 2011

Day 25 and the 10 days are up!!!!

The 10 days are officially up today!!! Praise Jesus!!!! Now the next part of our waiting begins lol We have to wait until Thursday to start anything because of the holiday and everything.
Today has been a GREAT DAY!!! I woke up this morning to about 2 more inches of snow on the ground. I don't like that part too much considering I have to get out and walk in it but today it didn't seem to bother me, go figure lol I got to the orphanage and got the girls and headed to the playroom. Again you knew something was going to happen in there because all the chairs were set up and everything, but one of the ladies told us to go on in. So we went in and played and about an hour or so later people started to come in, and the same girls that were in the production the other day came in all dressed up so I knew it was the same production from the other day. One of the caretakers asked me to take a seat with the girls so I did, but the girls were none to happy about sitting down, so I had to leave, and because there is no where else for us to go I had to cut my visit short :( Johannah was none to happy about this either. I took her back to her groupa and she walked away like it wasn't going to bother her but then she came back to the door and the lip quivered and the tears flowed so I went back in and got her and her, Ellee and I sat in the hallway for another 10-15 more minutes, until one of the caretakers came out there to get her. The only thing I understood the lady to say to Johannah was "silly mama" lol Johannah went to the caretaker and off they went, I peeked through the door to see her and she was sitting in a chair all by herself, oh my word that just broke my heart! I took Ellee back to her groupa and she attached herself to my leg lol so I stayed with her for a few more minutes, and she went off to play and so I left. It was really hard to leave today and probably going to be harder tomorrow knowing that I could legally take them out of the orphanage now. Friday will probably still be Gotcha Day and regardless of how Thursday goes (but please still be praying that it goes as planned and we can get everything done) Friday will be Gotcha Day! :)
After leaving the orphanage I decided to go out for some lunch today and I needed to go to the grocery store. So as I was heading up the "dreaded hill" I passed these two older ladies, and one of them started speaking to me, and I told her I didn't understand I only spoke English and she nodded at me but then the other lady with her started speaking in ENGLISH to me. Ok yes I am excited about this because I normally don't have any interaction with anyone here. She asked me where I was from England or USA and I told her USA and she asked me which state and I told her. She told me she studied the states some time ago. Then as I was walking away she told me I was beautiful How Sweet! It just really made my day. They went about talking, I think she was translating for the other lady. Then as I was about to cross the street she told me "God Bless You Have a Great Day" this just was the icing on the cake. I had a great visit with my girls, the 10 days are up, and then I was able to hold a conversation with someone. :) They went their way and I went mine. I went to the great little pizza place we found that has some great pizza in it. Love Love Love the pizza. I didn't eat it all and asked for a box and they must have been out of all the small boxes because she brought me a ginormous box I thought oh goodness  "Crazy American" walking around with a pizza box. I went to the market and sure enough 3 guys who work in the store were like pizza lol and here you put your stuff in a locker, you can't carry big purses or backpacks or anything around the store so I had to stuff that big box into a little locker along with my backpack, lets just say it fit lol. I gathered the items I needed and headed to check out, again not really speaking with anyone because generally they are not going to understand me and vice versa, but again today I was surprised one of the guys from my "pizza" saga earlier said "you speak English don't you" I told him yes and he just nodded at me. I thought that was kind of interesting :) After leaving the market I headed home where I have spent the rest of my evening. :) So now to the good stuff...





















9 comments:

mrsbullfrog said...

OMG!!! Praying for everything to go smoothly from here out...but you know what the GREATEST part about it is...THEY ARE YOURS!!! Time is up...even if things do not go as planned...the girls are yours!!! Congratulations MOMMY!!!

Mel said...

OH MY GOODNESS!!! Do you realize what this means?? This means you DID IT!!!! You are now "officially" the MOMMY of two!!! Jennifer, I am over the moon happy for you!! I can't wait till you are home and we can chat on the phone and you can tell me all about it!! Praying things go as planned the rest of the week!

Becca said...

Your girls are SO precious!! Can't wait for you to be able to take them home!! :-)

David and Carolyn said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! WHOOHOO God Speed Jenifer :)
I can't get my docs faxed fast enough! I'm so ready to go back and get a special young man!

Lorene said...

Oh Jennifer! Congratulations! Those two are so precious. The pictures even show how much they are coming out of their shells. You're almost there!!

Emily said...

I'm from KY, too, and discovered your journey via RR. I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this incredibly beautiful journey here. God is being glorified! What incredible love. So happy for your family!!

Bobbie said...

Congratulations!!!! They are yours!!!!!! Oh no, I just realized that I will be so sad in a few days because I won't get to read your posts every day :( But I guess it is for a good cause - hee hee - you are going home! Yippee!
Good luck and God speed!
Lots of love,

Nan and Dan said...

congrats!!! so so happy for all of you!!!
Before you know it you will be in K* with your babies!! then home!!! :) hugs!

Shelley said...

Darling pictures! May everything go smoothly on Thursday. Soon you will be home with two beautiful little girls to mother!