Friday, March 18, 2011

HOME!!!!

I wanted to write a quick post and let everyone know that we are HOME safe and sound! The girls did an AMAZING job on the trip!!!!!!!!! They were beyond better than I expected!!!! We arrived late Wednesday night at the airport and didn't get home until early Thursday morning home home. Yesterday (Thursday) was a busy day. The girls had lots of visitors and we went and visited some friends. They loved all their visitors. They both have had a permanent smile attached to their face since we arrived home. They love all their toys and independence. They HATE the dog lol so we are introducing him to them a little at a time. We will see how this goes. I will keep you updated on that. The girls were so exhausted from their long trip and busy day yesterday that they went to bed at 7 last night and Johannah slept until 6:50 this morning and it is 7:49 a.m. right now and Ellee is still asleep. Mommy went to bed at 8:30 last night because I was exhausted too.
Here are a few pictures from our trip home and being home! If you would like a link to see all the pictures please leave a comment with your email addy and I will send you the pics from Wednesday and Thursday.
Waiting on our first plane and to Leave Ukraine

Johannah's first plane ride

Ellee's first plane ride

In Germany!

Our first American meal! Wendy's and before anyone gets upset we had a 6 hour layover in DC not a whole lot of options for Healthy lol

Waiting on our last flight and to go home!


HOME HOME HOME!!!!!

Daddy rocking Johannah to sleep

Johannah sleeping in her own bed!

Ellee sleeping in her own bed!

Johannah's first morning HOME!

Ellee's first morning HOME!!!

18 comments:

Angela said...

I just love seeing your girls Jennifer! They make me ridiculously happy.

mrsbullfrog said...

they are such cuties Jennifer...my heart just melted when Ellee came right to me...I'll posts pics later on your fb page from yesterday at home...I can't wait for some play dates with them...

Anonymous said...

you're home!!! yay!! praise the Lord! you did it!! so happy for you!!! the girls are beautiful, and in THEIR OWN beds and home, what a miracle! Get some rest!

David, Jenni & Beth Beattey said...

you would know that I would want to see all the pictures.
jenbeattey@yahoo.com
Thank you

Scrappy quilter said...

They are such gifts....precious!!

Sarah said...

YAY!!! I'm SO HAPPY for you all!! Their matching First Day Home outfits are adorable. :)

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Yay! Enjoy your girls. They are beautiful! Congratulations!

Shelley said...

I love seeing the lovely and fun room the girls are sleeping in that is just for them. What a glorious change in their lives, from "just one more" to treasured and blessed with loving family and comfy,sweet surroundings! Thank you for sharing your journey.

Stephanie said...

Just wonderful....love all the pink!!!! Thank you

Gretchen said...

Nothing more beautiful!

Lorene said...

Finally HOME where they belong! Congrats Lane family.

David and Carolyn said...

Oh I'm so late on things these days ! Happy Day for all of you! Everyone looks so happy to be home. We'll be praying for a smooth adjustment for you all. I remember that first week was a killer with jet lag. Madeline was petrified of our dog too, but now loves him. take it easy and get plenty of rest. Love,
Carolyn

Michelle said...

I'm so happy for your family!! Thanks for sharing!

Bobbie said...

My absolute favorite post so far - HOME!!!! :-) I want photos, I want photos! hehe
I always think it is funny how the kids seem to look different when I see photos of them at home - why is that? It must be because they are orphans no more - just kids! I just love to see them in their own rooms with their own toys - and their own mommys and daddys - just the best ever. So here is to lots and lots of happy happy times ahead.
grantandbobbie@gmail.com

Candy Duell said...

Congrats on being home! The girls look wonderful.

Jennifer said...

I just can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that the girls are now HOME where they belong!

Katie said...

I am SO glad you are home safe. Look at those gorgeous smiles! Yes - more pictures! aukatie at aol :)

Nan and Dan said...

Congrats!!! so so loving the pics of them at HOME!!!! now a family portrait at home :) :)
hugs!!