Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Day 27

Today was a good day! I got a pleasant surprise this morning when Andrew called on the cell phone they provide you with while you are here. I was able to talk to him for a few minutes and he wanted to call back so he could talk to the girls. So I finished getting ready and headed out to the orphanage. I took a taxi today, just cause I wanted to lol So I got to the orphanage and went in and picked up my girls. It was funny walking in there today knowing that today is the last day that I go in and we "play" after this the next time I walk in we will be walking out together forever!!! :) We were in the playroom about 30 minutes before Andrew called back, and just a few minutes before he called Ms. Johannah was over messing with the door and a caretaker accidentally smashed her fingers in the door, so while I was trying to console her Andrew called so I let him talk to Ellee first, and I put the phone up to Johannah's ear and as soon as she heard her daddies voice she stopped crying. Oh that just melts my heart!!! After that we played and ran and had fun.
After leaving today I went to the same outdoor market I go to just about everyday. It gives me something to do before heading home which is where I stay the rest of the night, and I pick up anything I "might" need. :) After picking up a few things I headed home. Once home I fixed some lunch and turned on the computer. I was able to skype with my friend Taylah in Australia and then my friend Shari back home. Then I was able to skype with my hubby. During this time I did take a short nap and as a good friend of mine Kim pointed out it will be my last nap for a long time lol which is fine I just do it now to pass time. :) Also during this time I done a blog post about another family who is in desperate needs of funds to travel if you missed that please go here and read that blogpost and help if you can help!
A little while ago I got off the phone with Mrs. V and we are going to get started around 9 a.m. in the morning for most of you folks at home that will be 1 a.m. for you ;) Just please say a prayer that everything gets done and we can leave Friday on the train to head back to the capital and leave out on Wednesday to go home! :)
Ok enough babbling onto the stuff you have all been waiting for...

























P.S. for those of you who live for the pictures tomorrow there will be no pictures because we will be running around all day trying to get everything done. I just had to tell you so no one would be mad at me when I post tomorrow and there are no pictures. I hate that I am not going to see my girls tomorrow but Friday will be Gotcha Day! :)

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I see Ellee is a fan of dresses with pockets. Me too! :) Good luck with the rest of the trip. Hope it's super fast!

Bobbie said...

Thanks for the warning (no pictures) - hee hee! It is a bummer not to get to see their faces, but to know that you are getting their paperwork finished makes it VERY worth it - can hardly wait to see your gotcha day post. Will be doing cartwheels in Chicagoland!! Good luck with the paper chase.

Unknown said...

Lots of prayers my friend :) I guess I will have to look back at some of the pictures-- to get my dose of the Lane girls : p.. Jk I pray all goes smooth and will wAit patiently for my dose of cuteness from gotcha day :) so exciting

mrsbullfrog said...

this is soooooo exciting...of course, I'm crying again...hehehehe...happy tears of course...I really should wait to put my make-up on until after I read your posts...I'm so happy for you guys...you and Andrew will make such GREAT parents to the girls...soooooo can't wait to meet them...

The Priests are Growing! said...

Sounds like you guys are on about the same schedule as we were! Have fun with your girls this weekend!

heatherbrown said...

Oh my I just love those beautiful blue-eyed girls!!!