Friday, March 11, 2011

Day 29 GOTCHA DAY!!! :)

Today was GOTCHA DAY!!! WHOO HOOO!!! :) Today started early and lasted late, but it was a great day! We started by going to the orphanage first and signing some forms, and then I went to dress the girls. I started getting Johannah dressed but when they realized I was taking her they wanted to finish, so I stood back and took pictures while they dressed her lol ;) Then I went and got Ellee, and same thing happened. So again I stood back and let them do it while I took pictures. After we got them ready we went outside, and Ellee had a major meltdown. She got near the car and screamed and would not get in it. I had to pick her up and she sat on my lap the whole time. She cried for the first 20 minutes, Johannah did fine she looked out the window and laughed and made funny faces she will be our daredevil. We got to the passport place and Ellee was fine and they both done great on getting their pictures taken. Then we went back to the car and Ellee freaked again, but can you blame her she has never left the orphanage and cars can be a scary thing. Once in the car though she was fine. She started waving to people and her and Johannah would just bust out laughing. She learned there was a hole in the back of the headrest, it was meant to be there, and she started peeping through there and touching S and V and thinking it was just hilarious. We then went to get some documents notarized, we stayed in the car this time, and then we headed back to the orphanage to drop the girls off so they wouldn't have to do all that running around and waiting with us. We then went to the passport place and was told an hour then told 15 minutes and 2 hours later we were leaving there with the paperwork that we needed to take to the passport organization. Yes they were two very different places lol... We dropped that stuff off and they told us their girls' passports would be ready at 3. So then S took us to V's house to pick up her car so we could finish the running around we needed to do. After picking up V's car we headed to the bank where we sat for THREE hours!!! :( Oh my word!!! We finally got the money we needed and had 5 minutes to get to the orphanage before the Dr. left. So we rushed back over to the orphanage to finish up the paperwork that we had left, and after the paperwork was finished I went and got MY girls and we walked out of that orphanage for the LAST TIME!!! Praise the Lord!!! This time no one had a melt down getting in the car. Ellee's lip would quiver and I would tell her it would be alright, and kiss the palm of her hand and she was fine. We went to the train station to purchase our tickets for tomorrow to head back to the capital, and then we headed to our apartment. We got into our apartment and the girls did great! I couldn't leave either one of their sights for even a second, which meant I had extra observers while I was in the potty, I was warned about this from other mommy's though lol... We were going to Skype with daddy around 7 our time 11 his so they had a snack and juice and then we done baths, and they LOVED bath time!!! I was worried that one of both would freak out but they didn't. They splashed and laughed and enjoyed bath time. However, after baths I wanted to put some baby lotion on them both and Johannah freaked out when I laid her down. She screamed and did not like to lay flat so I had to put lotion on her standing up lol. Ellee didn't mind the laying down or the lotion. After I got them dressed in their jammies we had dinner. They both ate good another thing I was worried about that they wouldn't eat good but they both ate really good. We Skyped with daddy and grandma :) and then it was time for bed. I rocked both of my girls it was great! They were both asleep so I tried to slide out and as soon as I did Johannah would wake up and cry, so I took her to the living room and rocked her and again she was asleep, I would move, and she wouldn't wake up, but the minute I put her down she would cry again. So I picked her up again, and rocked her, and now she is laying on the couch next to me :) wonder who won this one lol ;)
I can not even begin to explain the blessings I feel right now! God has truly blessed me and today has been AMAZING!!! God is so GOOD!!! So as they are sleeping and I get to see this I get to look back and reflect on today and think about how God has truly blessed me!!!
Who is ready for some cuteness?



















  
Outside of the orphanage doors leaving the orphanage for the LAST TIME!!!     














P.S. in the pic with Johannah making the face that was her excited face, and in the pic of me and Johannah where she is sleeping I look mad, I'm not just extremely exhausted from the days events but in a good way ;) Now I am off to dreamland beside my two sleeping beauties! :)

21 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

HAPPY HAPPY TEARS HERE!!!! what a wonderful day that you will NEVER forget! PRAISING GOD WITH YOU!!!! rest well, sweet mama! love and hugs!

Deanna said...

Crying tears of joy!!! So beautiful...congratulations momma!!!!!! xoxo

ppods said...

I am crying looking at the pics of those beauties sleeping peacefully with finally, at last, their mama with them...finally, at last these beautiful angels have what they have deserved to have since the moment they were born. But as I have found with Abby and her delays in walking and talking and hitting all those milestones-- the waiting only make the successes all the more sweet. And how incredibly sweet it is to see these beautiful children and their beautiful mama have their dreams realized after all this waiting...Much love...Amy Q.

Angela said...

Oh Jennifer I am SO SO happy for all of you!! I cannot get over how adorable ALL of you are! Rejoicing with you!

Andrea Roberts said...

Wow Jennifer........what a journey this has been!! Congratulations!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Wonderful, never again to be in an orphanage. Beautiful!!

summer said...

I have chills that just wont QUIT!!!!! The tears are streaming of pure joy for you 3 ladies!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Knowing these beautiful girls are sleeping next to their Mommy tonight - it is just the BEST FEELING EVER!!!!!

David and Carolyn said...

I'm so happy for you Jen!!! I'm sure Andrew is ready for all of you to be home. Praying for your last leg of the journey.

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

SO HAPPY FOR YOU! They are gorgeous! I know you must be so thrilled to have them forever! Congratulations!

Unknown said...

oh my gosh Jenn you look beautiful :) I am so happy for you guys..!!! tons of happy tears as I sit at my desk..there are no words ...no words to describe how i feel..i can't imagine how you do..its truly one of the biggest blessings in life ever...they both have such distinct personalities..and that is sooo cute.. you had to have walked out of that place with some sense of peace..joy & happiness..you guys saved them from an awful fate..they are so loved ..they will blossom before your eyes..they have sooo many cyber aunties..I can't wait to follow the rest of your journey from now until you stop blogging : )xxx my friend.... hope you were able to get some rest and you are almost home..almost home to your hubby with the two most beautiful little girls ever...

Sarah said...

I'm so happy for all of you. I've loved following your journey to this point, and I can't wait to read about and see the rest of the trip home. :)

Barbara said...

I don't know you but I am sitting here at my desk with tears of happiness for you and your precious, beautiful girls! I love the pictures of them sleeping. So happy for all of you and so grateful and thankful that they have a home with you, a forever family! :0)

Amy Cunningham said...

That is wonderful!!! God bless you ALL!!!!

pat said...

I am crying so much because it reminds me so much of adopting my daughter from Russia. I know how exhauseted you are and will be. You will be seeing the world in new eyes. Parent eyes and special needs parents eyes. Once you get home and sleep well you will need a moment alone for a long pedicure after this. Happy Gotcha Day!
Pat and Katie Spencer
St. Louis

Gaining Grace said...

Congratulations! God is so good in His blessings for our children and families. Thank you for rescuing your beautiful girls.

Rochelle said...

Congratulations, we so excited for you all!

Lorene said...

Oh Jen, I'm speachless. What a joy it has been to watch this journey. Your girls are beautiful. I am so happy for you and your family. What treasures they are.

Mel said...

When I think back over the past couple of months and the joys and sorrows that you have endured, I can't help but think about the blessing of those two little girls finally sleeping next to their Mommy. Jen, I am so happy for you and Andrew, and your little ones. We were so worried about the money, and then God just totally provided for you, and here you are... on your way HOME!!!! Praying for safe travels for the rest of your trip, and speedy paperwork!! hehe

Jennifer said...

OH this day has been so wonderful. What a journey this has been for you guys. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am for you my friend. Crying happy tears for you and your girls. I can't wait for you to get home and start your life there. You have beautiful girls. (By the way that one picture of Johannah in the doorway w/her jammies on - she looks like Milana in that picture).

Bobbie said...

You did it! You did it!! You did it!!! 3 cheers for a happy, tired mama! You and your girls will be in my thoughts and prayers for your trip home. Home! Can you hardly wait to get them HOME!? I am just so darn happy for you!

Lu, Poppies Blooming said...

God is so good! You have the most precious daughters and they have such wonderful parents! Congratulations! I always cry reading Gotcha Days but I NEVER get tired of reading them! Praising God with you and thanking Him for your family!

Blessings,
Lu