Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Day 33

Today started out no so great. :( At 3:00 a.m. this morning Ellee woke up and she was burning up with fever. She was so hot it hurt my skin when she laid against me. This is when I had my first mommy breakdown. I cried!!! I cried because my baby was sick, I cried because I had nothing to give her, I cried because it was 3 a.m. in a foreign country and I am alone! I cried mostly because I wanted my baby better!!! I got a cold "washcloth" and why is "washcloth" in quotations you might ask, well they don't have washcloths over here so I had to use a sock, and yes it was clean. But I started wiping down her entire body trying to cool her down. After wiping her down several times, I wrapped her up and laid her on my chest until she fell asleep. At that point, I would have loved to keep holding her, but her little body was like fire. So I had to lay her down on the couch. I sat on the floor and I cried some more and prayed lots and lots of prayers over her. At about 7 she woke up again, she was a lot cooler at this point. She came an laid down on my chest again, and we both fell asleep, and we all slept until 9. When we got up her fever was completely gone, and she was back to herself again. We done our morning routine and then at 12:30 I started getting them ready to go. Niko said he would either be here at 1:00 or 1:30 so I wanted to have them ready to go when he got here. At 1:00 he still wasn't here and by 1:20 they were both really restless so I decided we would go outside and go for a walk until he got here. Little did I know that today was GORGEOUS!!! A wonderful day for a walk. Niko called me at 1:45 and said that he would be there around 2:00 and that was fine with us we were enjoying the time outside. We would walk and then we would sit, then we would walk, then we would sit lol... At 2:15 Niko shows up, and he apologizes for being late but he was with another family at the medical center, A RR family, I told him we were fine we were just enjoying the day. Once at the Embassy we had our interview and the guy told me it could take 1 hour it could take 1 day. Oh I freaked out! He said it is just a possibility. So I prayed lol and it was ready in 30 minutes. The girls again both done so great with all the waiting. After the Embassy Niko walked across the street with me to get Ellee some medicine. He asked her for children s Tylenol but they don't have that here, so we settled for umm I don't know lol. I just know how to give it. Ellee took it like a champ though. I would have spit it out and wouldn't have taken it again. It is brown, thick and stinks. But she has taken it every time I have given it to her without a problem. After getting home the girls played, then we called Nana, then we had dinner, then we talked to daddy on Skype, then I gave them both a bath, and got jammies on, then they played some more and by 8:15 which is only 15 minutes longer than they are normally up, Johannah was cranky and Ellee zonked out on the couch before I could get her to the bed. I got Ellee to the bed, and rocked Johannah to sleep, because like I said she was cranky. But they had a long busy day so it is completely understandable. Now they are both sleeping peacefully for a few more hours, I have gotten everything that can be packed packed and ready to go. The next blog post you will read will be from the comfort of my living room :) Here are a few pics from today :)

























Our last day and night in Ukraine we head home tomorrow!!!! Yippie!!!

10 comments:

Rachel said...

They are just gorgeous girls. :) So happy that you finally get to head home!

Sarah said...

Oh, I'm so excited you get to head home! I hope Ellee's fever stays down and you make the trip just fine! I thought Andrew was coming back to make the trip home with you? You are one brave lil mama to do all this by yourself! I say this as a totally chicken mama who will NOT be doing it by herself! LOL...Can't wait to see the WE ARE HOME post in a few days.:)

Mel said...

WAAAAHOOOOOOO!!!! I'm sooooo happy for you!! safe travels tomorrow!! I can't wait to hear that you are HOME!!

Scrappy quilter said...

Hope Ellee's fever stays down and you have a good trip home. They are so adorable and both look like they have lots of spunk.

pat said...

Can't wait for photos from home! Safe travels.
Welcome home Ellee and Johannah you are loved.

Jennifer said...

You should be on your way to the airport right about now!! I'm so happy that you are ON YOUR WAY HOME WITH YOUR GIRLS!!!!!!! Aaaagggghhhh!!! Doing a HAPPY DANCE!!!!!

Gretchen said...

I'm pretty sure they could not be any cuter...hope you have a great trip home!!!!

David and Carolyn said...

By the time you read this you should be on your way HOME !!!!! Praying for grace on the last leg of labor ... oops I mean journey. Hang on you're almost there :)

Nan and Dan said...

praying for quick safe flights!!!
Good luck!

mrsbullfrog said...

Of course you are already home right now and I'm counting down the time until I get off so I can come see you and the GIRLS!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited...I knew there was a reason why I brought my camera to work today!!! hehehehehehe