Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 22 (7 days down 3 to go)

Today has been one full week since we went to court. Which means 7 days down on our 10 day wait only 3 more to go.
Today was a good visit! For the past week you could tell something was up. There were lots of costumes being tried on, the kids were singing and dancing, but of course you didn't know what was going on. But today we found out. I did my usual thing, I went and got Johannah first and she was at the door waiting for me. The caretaker had to actually come make sure it was me because she was already out the door when she saw me lol. I go at the same time everyday so I think she has set her internal clock for me lol. I got Johannah and then I went and got Ellee. Ellee wasn't dressed yet, which she normally isn't they wait for me to get there, but as they were getting her dressed she kept crying. She was ready to go with me. Finally I had to finish getting her dressed because she would not let the caretaker finish. She wanted Momma to do it. After we got her dressed we went to the playroom. As we walked you saw all the little chairs lined up and the big chairs in the back, so I asked if it was ok that we be in there and they told me yes. So we played for a little bit and the girls know that momma has juice and crackers in her bag and they are normally ready for them when I get there, but sometimes I make them wait because then we have to potty so I try to hold out a little bit, so we aren't running to the potty every few minutes because I have to take Johannah to her groupa to use the potty and then go all the way down the hall and downstairs to take Ellee and by myself that gets a little hard. So I wait. But today we went ahead and had snack cause something big was going to happen. About 30 minutes into our time one of the ladies came over and asked me to move to the couch with the girls so we did, and probably 5 minutes or so later all the littles came in. All dressed up they were so darling. Adults filled the room, I have no idea who they were. They put on a little musical and it was so cute. I of course have no idea what they said but it was fun. After the musical they server crapes, candy and water. It was so nice to see all of this happening. The kids really enjoyed it, the adults enjoyed it, and I really enjoyed it. Once the musical was over our visit time was up so I took the girls back to their groupas. It gets harder and harder everyday, as the 10 days gets closer to being over, to leave them.
Ellee was easier to get pics of today, Ms. Johannah though has decided that she likes to make momma work and everytime I go to snap the picture she turns away. LOL and then she just giggles about it. But here are some pics from today...



 

4 comments:

Becca said...

Oh, they're just gorgeous!!

jen & raegan dill said...

they are so georgeous...cant wait to meet them...

Scrappy quilter said...

They are adorable. Love your new heading picture.

Courtney said...

That was their program for Intl Women's Day next Tuesday. That was another reason I was bummed about taking the girls early--I missed their program on Friday at 10am. I was SO excited I was finally going to see some of my kids in an orphanage program, and then we missed it!!