Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day 21 (6 days down 4 to go)

Only 4 more days on our 10 day wait!!! I am so excited!!! By next weekend the girls will be in my custody and we SHOULD be headed to Kiev and then home sometime that week if everything goes well. Please pray it goes well!
Today's visit was Great! I got to the orphanage like always, and the other RR family was there to pick up their little girl. Today was Gotcha Day for them, and they were grinning from ear to ear it was great to see! I went and picked up my girls and we went to the big playroom, I love the big playroom when it is just me because they have nothing really to climb on. The small room has the slide but attached to that slide is two sides that you can climb up and it is harder on one person and I am so afraid that one of them will get hurt, so I enjoy the big playroom. About an hour and a half into our time Ellee's groupa came in along with the therapist, so I was able to see Ellee interact with her groupa some, and then the therapist worked on some things with Ellee and Johannah. They matched puzzle pieces, and then played music, and both of my girls LOVE music!!! Andrew says "watch out band competitions here we come" I can't wait!!! :) After about 30 minutes of therapy it was time for the girls to go back to their groupa so I took Johannah back and it was so cute. She kept turning around blowing kisses at me as I left. And her and Ellee were throwing kisses to each other. It was great! Then I took Ellee back and she attached herself to me and I felt so bad leaving her. I held her for the longest time, and I think I might have actually been getting fussed at by the workers lol, but finally I knew I was just going to have to leave :( so I left but I stood outside of the door and I didn't hear or crying or anything. So hopefully she was ok after I left... I can't wait until I don't have to do that anymore, yeah they will be going to school or staying with my mom while I work, but I will be there when they wake up and go to bed, I will be there for bath time, story time, family time. I won't have to leave them "there" any longer.
I was very proud of myself I got off the bus in the right spot today. :) Whoo hoo!!! I came home and had some lunch and checked all my stuff and then I went to sleep lol yes if you notice there is a pattern. ;) I felt a lot better today!!! But not 100% so I have been trying to rest, stay hydrated, all the things a dr. tells you to do. I HAVE to be better by next week!!! I really want to be better now but I have to be by next week!
Ok enough with my rambling onto the good stuff....











8 comments:

David and Carolyn said...

Praying the days fly by for you Jen. This is probably the hardest part of the last leg of the journey. Don't you just love V***a the therapist? She was so sweet and loving with Madeline. Get lots of rest and don't forget that apple a day!

ppods said...

I know I am out of the loop on this, but where are you? I am impressed that the girls have therapy and the orphanage looks nice and clean. The girls always look so pretty and someone does a beautiful job on their hair!! I don't know that it's that way in all the countries and orphanages, but it makes me happy to see these thing!

Faithhebrews11 said...

ppods I can't tell you exactly where I am yet, but there are clues as to where I am at lol I have a few more days before I can say for sure. You can email me at lane1105@gmail.com too and ask questions, but this is public so I can't say publicly lol

@Carolyn love her!!! She is so sweet and works so hard with them! I haven't seen any apples but I have been eating a lot of oranges to get that Vitamin C in me. :)

Lorene said...

Hey Jennifer - the home stretch! Those girls of yours are cute cute cute. Congrats on getting off at the right stop :)

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

You are almost there! They are beautiful!

Bobbie said...

How is it possible that the girls get cuter on every post?!?! Hope you get lots of rest - sending healthy thoughts your way!

Courtney said...

We're going to miss you again! Right now we're scheduled to fly out of Kyiv on Friday, March 10. How could we possibly have both been in-country this whole time and not found a way to meet up?? LOL

Jennifer said...

You are getting closer and closer! Yippee!! You have got to find out how to do Johannah's hair like that (and then teach me)! They do an awesome job!!! Milana's hair wasn't (and still isn't) long enough for that. They are just gorgeous Jenn! Glad you are doing well on the bus. I knew you could do it!