Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 20 (5 days down 5 to go)

I have officially been here 20 days today! Wow 20 days, it just seems like forever lol just kidding I actually can't believe it has been 20 days already seems like yesterday that we got here. We do have 5 of the 10 day wait down, and 5 left to go. 5 more days!!!!!!!! Andrew made it home safely. A rough start to begin with, he said that he was in the plane for an hour before the pilot came on and explained that the computer that controls the flaps was not working and they were waiting on a mechanic to come and change out the computer. He said 30 minutes later the pilot comes back on and says that the computer did not work and they would need to exit the plane and get on the bus waiting to take them to another plane. Once everyone was on the bus, they got started and then the bus broke down, they got another bus out there got them onto the other plane and the rest of his flight was uneventful. Bless his poor heart!!! He doesn't care for flying so I could only imagine what was running through his mind. After he got home, we got on Skype. It was 9 o'clock p.m. his time and 5 a.m. mine time.
Today I got to the orphanage and today was the first real time I got both girls by myself. Normally I would go get Johannah and take her to the playroom, and leave her with Christina while I went down the hall and down some stairs to Ellee's groupa and got her. Today I went and got Johannah and she was so excited to see me. I love how she comes across the room. I wish I could take a picture of it but it would be hard to do that. But she puts her little hands up about half way, and does kinda like the monster is coming to get you look, and then once she is in my arms she starts to growl and giggle. Too funny! So Johannah and I went down to Ellee's groupa to get her. Ellee sees me and she does this mad dash with the biggest grin across her face. Love it!!! They had to take her back though and get her dressed. So Johannah and I stood in the hallway waiting for her. Once they had her dressed she was ready to go. We went back up the stairs and back down the hall to the small playroom (as most of you know it the one with the ball pit) They were really calm today. Not that they aren't always calm but generally there is them, me, another adoptive mom with her son, some caretakers, sometimes there is another adoptive mom with her daughter,her husband, and the girls like to get attention lol so today it was really nice to be one on one with them. We snuggled, we played with the string blocks, and we played on the slide. We had so much fun! It was great to just be us for a little while. I left a little earlier today, because I am still not feeling a up to par and I hate to cut my visits short, but I don't do them any good when I become tired and worn down, plus I have to get better before next week because I get them next week. I can't be sick and try to take care of them.
Today was also the first time for me taking the bus by myself. i wish I could tell you I done great, but..... I got off at the wrong stop lol so I had to walk a little further but all in all I got to see some more of the city. The 2 stops look so much a like. So tomorrow I am going to try to get off at the right stop. We shall see, stay tuned for that post.  hehe
I came back to my apartment where I slept for a couple of hours, and now I feel a little better, but I am ready to be 100% again. I am one of those people that rarely gets sicks, hates it when I get sick, and am ready for it to leave really quickly.
Ok onto the good stuff...







4 comments:

mrsbullfrog said...

WOW!!!! 5 days Jen!!! Praying for your speedy recovery...I know how it is to have little ones and be sick...it's just awful...you want to play and play and play but you can't...can't wait to see you guys safe and HOME!!!

Sarah said...

Love the family pic at top. I needed something cute today! Got some sad news on our Golden Ticket timeline today. :(

Jennifer said...

You're doing great! Hope you feel better! Love the pictures :)

Mel said...

I hope you feel better soon!! HUGS!! I LOVE the new header!! You all are a beautiful family! The pics are awesome as always, I especially like the one of Johannah with that "Mom, really?" look on her face. hehe Love ya!!!