Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 16 (1 day down 9 to go)

Day 1 down only 9 more to go. Today we had a great visit with the girls. It was Andrew's last day with them until we come home.:( The girls knew something was up because they were clingy and then they were testing waters today. It is so funny to see them doing it. Andrew was really sad to go, and I was really sad to see him go, not only for me but def for the girls. Ellee asks for him everyday when I go in to get her. We switch up one of us goes and gets Ellee while the other one goes and get Johannah. They are both full fledged daddies girls.They are going to miss him terribly. We had a great surprise today. A few college kids came to the orphanage and put on a puppet show. It was super cute. It was in Russian but we knew that it was the story of "Little Red Riding Hood" The kids really enjoyed it and so did we. I tried to add pics but they wouldn't load correctly so just take my word for it was cute. ;)

Andrew got on the train about 4:50 this evening and won't arrive in Kiev until 8:50 in the morning. He will stay there tomorrow and Monday. Monday he has an appointment at the Embassy, and would have loved to fly out Monday but they don't have flights in the afternoon, so he wasn't able to get a flight until Tuesday, but he will be home Tuesday evening because he gains 8 hours back. Please pray for safe travels for him over the course of the next few days.

Now onto the good stuff right... It's pretty much all about daddy and the girls today...




8 comments:

Penny's Peeps said...

beautiful family pic! praying for travelling mercies for andrew, and for you as you carry on alone! love and hugs!

pat said...

I have been almost reliving my daughters Russian adoption through you and loving every minute. Your daughters are so lovely. Hope your travels home with them will be good. Hope you have some help!
Pat
St. Louis

Mel said...

What a BEAUTIFUL FAMILY picture!!!! Praying for safe trips for Andrew & peace for you as you stay there with your sweeties!! You can do it Jenn!! :)

Jennifer said...

I'm sure the girls will love their time with Mommy! I know you will love having that time with them too. You are getting closer to getting your girls home :)

Redeeming Hidden Treasures said...

Cute pictures! I will be praying for his travel and as you are there with the girls.

Bobbie said...

I LOVE your family photo on the infamous white rug! (I gotta get one of the ball pits!)

summer said...

Yay - Love the Family Picture!!!! Wow!!!!! GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!

mrsbullfrog said...

I was doing so good until you said it was all about daddy...now I'm crying like a baby...I so hate that he had to leave you all behind but the count down helps I'm sure...I'm just so excited for you guys...but on the bright side...maybe you can now convert them to "mommies girls"...hehehehe...