Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Today was a bittersweet Father's Day. This was the first Father's Day without my daddy. It was extremely hard, it has been 5 months since my dad passed away and it doesn't get any easier. What I wouldn't have given to be able to have picked up the phone and wished him a Happy Father's Day, and come in after church and give him a big hug and a kiss, and then eat lunch together. It is those things I miss the most! My Dad was an amazing man and I am so thankful for the time he was in my life! And I get to look forward to seeing him again one day with our Heavenly Father and spending eternity with them!

I am married to a wonderful, Christian man who is a wonderful husband and father. I could not be more blessed with a wonderful father to our children. After getting ready for church this morning the kiddos gave their daddy his Father's Day card. He got his gift yesterday, a new cellphone case lol, we like to give gifts that we can use. We had subway for lunch because Andrew had to work today :( so I dropped him off at work and then came home to clean, but I cooked a big supper and took it to him at work. :) Now to end the night we are playing a game of scrabble and watching cars Yes we are really like to party hehe

1 comment:

Rochelle said...

Hi Jennifer,
Lisa & Dave are in region now but have no internet so wanted me to contact you and see if you can give me the bus #'s they can take to and from the orphanage. You can email me at rkcannon1 at yahoo.com
Love the girl's dresses, they are beautiful!!!
Thanks, Rochelle