Thursday, November 11, 2010

Satan Attacks!

Please read to the bottom this story is not all doom and gloom!!!
So many of you if you are my friends on facebook has seen the ups and downs of my post this week. Monday morning started off like any other Monday morning. Woke up, drug myself to the bathroom, took a shower, got ready for work, left thinking wow a little bit later of a start but today will be a good day. Boy I couldn't have been more wrong in my life. I go into work turn on my computer to start the day, go to check emails and there is one from Chris our stateside worker. He was informing me that he received an email from our facilitator in the girls' country and there was a list, and when I say a list I mean a list of documents, that have to be redone. So I would like to tell you I held it together, that I got right to work to fix everything, and that everything was a bed of roses. No I had a BREAKDOWN the kind where you cry until you can't see straight you lose you"re breathe and the whole room spins. Well then I pulled it together, Right, No I then blamed everyone that I could blame, then I pulled it together Right? No I cried some more, and then I got to work right, Right :) I emailed, I called, I emailed more. Most of the items on the list were an easy fix and then we got to two of them. Both of them were not an easy fix. One was the state police checks, and the other was medicals. We contacted the state police and Chris was wonderful and very sympathetic, but really wasn't anything he could do. He gave us 2 options one was to go to the police station and do our fingerprints again, and then send them in and it could take up to 3 weeks to get it back. 3 weeks!!! We DON'T HAVE 3 WEEKS!!! Option 2, more Andrew and Jennifer friendly come to the Capital and it would take 20 mins, so since we have to go to the capital anyways once all the paperwork is redone that is the best option and exactly what we will do.

Next was the medicals WOW those have been the craziest. I won't go into that because it has been a big mess from the beginning. The reader's digest version is that because we had our physicals 6 months ago we need a new date put on the form, and they wouldn't do it. But we are still praying about it and know that God is in our adoption, he has been since day 1 of his plan lol, not our plan, even before we committed to the girls he was in it. God will not let us down now, and we will make this second deadline, and our girls Will be home by the first of the year!!!

Now on a more positive note I got an email today(actually a fb message which I couldn't reply to until I left work because our system blocks fb so it was just a text message of the actual message), and I will keep that special woman's name anonymous, unless she wants it known, and then I will let you know who that is. Anyways I received this fb message and it said that she was about to have her son's birthday and that instead of gifts that she was asking everyone to donate money and it would go to help bring our girls' home!!! Wow how amazing is that!!! I mean I was speechless, I didn't know what to say. I of course cried but this time it was tears of joy. I couldn't wait to get home and email her and let her know how thankful I was for her, and her great big heart. One of the things that she said that touched me also was that she wanted the girl's home too! How amazing!!! She knows who she is, so when you read this I just want you to know how thankful we are, so thankful that God has put you in our lives, and so thankful to call you my friend! Again you are amazing and we love you and that very handsome little boy of yours!!!

3 comments:

David and Carolyn said...

There's a lot of people who want to see you get those sweethearts home soon including us :)I'm sorry you had to redo some paperwork.Your diligence will pay off. Praying it all goes well for you Jennifer.
Carolyn

summer said...

Praying, Praying, Praying and more Praying!!! You will do this!!! I just know it!!!! Wow - the generosity of your friend is AMAZING!!!!

Sarah said...

Praying things can be fixed quickly re: paperwork. And yay for unexpected blessings from sweet people!