Friday, December 17, 2010

still waiting...

We are still waiting to hear from the girls country on a date for us to come over. To say that we have been patiently waiting would be a lie. I long to hold my beautiful girls in my arms, to show them the love they so deserve. To do so many things with them that they wouldn't normally be able to do. As Christmas approaches my heart is hurting more because I know where they are and I know where they will spend Christmas. I made a few Christmas cards with the girls picture on them and hung it on the Christmas tree, and Andrew's son and daughter picked out ornaments for the girls to have on the tree. We have a tradition that each year the kids get a new ornament, and even though they are not with us, they too get a new ornament. They have a family that loves them and longs for them to be home we just happen to be a few thousand miles away right now. We will soon have them and our arms and soon they will be in our arms and I can not wait for that day to come!

I hope my next post will be that we have been given a date until then I hope each of you have a blessed day!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

The waiting is awful, isn't it? It's like every step you make leads to more waiting! I like your ornament thing. I got Caroline a monogrammed stocking. Everyone who comes to our house asks why we have a "C" stocking up? For our daughter, of course! :)Surely a travel date is coming soon. Praying for y'all...

Mel said...

Still Praying!! Hang in there Jen!!

Jennifer said...

I love the ornament thing. That is really cute. Waiting for that next post saying you have a date to get your girls :)