Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Wow what a day!

Wow is all I can say! It has been an absolutely great day! When there are things that you want, and things that you are waiting for it seems like it takes forever. One of the parts in the adoption process is getting a home study done. Well since we are doing a foreign adoption, the state of KY won’t do the home study, so we had to go through a private home study agency. Part of the private agency is that you have to go through an approval process, so we had to fill out all these papers and send them in and wait for them to contact us with whether we were approved or not. They told us that it could take up to two weeks before we would know anything. One of the other things they told us was that they would receive our paperwork at the Ky location, but it would then have to be forwarded to the Missouri office for approval, so that would tack on a few extra days. We called one day last week to make sure they had received our paperwork, and the girl told us she had and she was making all the copies of everything we had sent in and would be forwarding it that day. She told us she would call us when she knew something.

One of the funny things is I told Andrew today to call the Love Basket and see if they had found out anything, because I am impatient and want to know something now. I had called him around 10:00 to remind him. Around 11:40ish I had checked my email and the director of the Love Basket had emailed me to let me know that we had been approved and would move forward with our next step. I am super super excited, and so very glad that we are one step closer now.
Thank you all for you love, prayers, and support! More to come…

No comments: